Saturday, August 1, 2015

Moving on Up

I missed the last several Magpie prompts.  Although I'm a bit late, this one spoke to me:


No, I'm not spiraling out of control.  But I am making another change in my life... moving on to a different level.  Whether it will ultimately be going up or down remains to be seen.  I'm confident, though, that it will be a few more steps in the right direction.

Yesterday was my last day of work at my current teaching site.  I'm now on vacation/temporarily unemployed for the next two weeks before joining a new faculty and site.  I'll be doing the same job, just in a new spot, with new colleagues, a new room, a new outdoor classroom and new families.  I'll also be working with a more "mature" staff, (i.e. playing with more kids my own age.) I'm looking forward to the change.  (Not to mention the fact that it feels damn good to still be viewed as a "good catch" on the job market four years short of my full retirement age!)

Seeing what else is out there is always good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment